2009年10月12日月曜日

★Homework #2★

No,1.Death and Funerals:

a. Do you have any international friends or a host family? If so, how would you express your condolences to them if a family member died? If not, then how would you express condolences to an American host family if their Grandmother died?

b. Have you ever been to a foreign funeral?

Answer:
a.If I knew it by e-mail, I send my condolences by e-mail at first, and I send a card.

b.No, I haven't.



No,2. The language of Clothes (preparation for next weeks topic):

a.Why are Japanese designer label crazy? Why is what you wear so important?

b.What does “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover.” mean to you?

Answer:
a. In my opinion, some Japanese people think status symbol what they wear it. So I think they can have confidence.

b.You only look apearance like you see a book cover, you are not visible externally. Contents of books can't judge only cover. So, I think everyone has a lot of parts we don't know only apearance.

7 件のコメント:

  1. Hello
    I think it was fine that you send an e-mail and then send a card to express your condolences.

    返信削除
  2. Hello!
    I agree with your final answer.
    We can't judge only appearance, and we have to make an effort to view a contents of the person.

    返信削除
  3. Thank U for comment, applepie!!
    To tell the truth, I want to do more, but I don't know what should I do because each of culture is different.
    But, I'm glad you agree with my opinion:D

    返信削除
  4. Thank U for your comment, Jennifer!!
    Of course, we have to effort;)
    First impresshion is very important, but more important tning is contents of them!!

    返信削除
  5. heeeey :)

    I like your idea about NO.1, a.
    Sending a card is very nice.
    it will make them happy.

    返信削除
  6. Hi,
    I agree with your opinion!
    We can not judge only appearance, and have to know how charactor is,I think.

    返信削除
  7. Hello.
    I agree with you.
    I think that we can't understand the content only book's cover

    返信削除