2009年12月7日月曜日

★Homework -Time-★

No,1 Please explain a time proverb in your culture.
Answer:
・Do not put off till tomorrow what you can do to today.
(今日できることは明日に延ばすな。=It means is same.)
・Strike the iron while it is hot.
(鉄は熱いうちに打て。=It means you don't miss a chance.)
・Time and tide wait for no man.
(歳月人を待たず。=It means time goes on regardless of your matter, and never stop for a moment.)


No,2 What do the following proverbs mean:
a. "Time is money."
Answer:
It means time is important and effective, so you don't have to waste it.

b. "A stitch in time saves nine."
Answer:
It means you take measures, you wouldn't need to make much ado even if it's too late.

c. "There's no time like the present."
Answer:
It means the time is now, now for it, and have to do it now.

d."Let's meet at 4. If I'm not there by 5, leave without me at 6, and I'll be there at 7."
Answer:
I have never heard that. But this sentence mean is two person can't meet all the time. So, I think it means disagree about everything.

2 件のコメント:

  1. Hello!
    I like "歳月人を待たず".
    I always think time goes on very quickly!!

    返信削除
  2. Hello!
    I agree with you:)
    Time is veru important.
    We should spend a day more
    carefully.

    返信削除